Talk:Christopher Michael Langan
Questions regarding Mr. Langan
I have a few questions about things that haven't been discussed (to my knowledge) regarding Mr. Langan:
I'm not sure who moderates this Wiki, whoever it is clearly has knowledge of Mr. Langan, hopefully any input will be informative, germane and not hate filled.
I. I was wondering what a typical workout or diet plan for Mr. Langan may be? The reason I ask is because, clearly he is highly gifted and he would probably know a lot about this topic as opposed to the average bodybuilder. Do you believe that Mr Langan's intelligence would have increased over the years due to the workout or diet plans that he may follow?
II. Does anyone know if Mr. Langan takes natural cognitive enhancers (i.e. not junk food), or if he takes chemical cognitive enhancers, such as nootropics?
III. If one assumes that the 6th sense is real, and not delusion according to a recent (flawed) university study, what research or experiments has Mr. Langan done? Do you know of any suggested viewing material?
IV. Does Mr. Langan use a variety of methods to increase his intelligence, if so, what would be the most prominent thing he may do?
V. Does Mr. Langan relax his mind to a particular brainwave state (e.g. gamma, alpha, etc) to concentrate?
VI. Does Mr. Langan accept the Quantum Field Theory OR the Universal Intelligence theory?
VII. Does Mr. Langan have a recommended viewing list (films or videos)
VIII. Mr. Langan is largely self educated, for any other people who wish to engage in self education, or autodidactism, what would Mr. Langan recommend that students read or view?
Thank you in advance for any help.
1. How posture can affect your brain 2. How squeezing a tennis ball can increase creativity 3. Brainwave states 4. Deep Learning AI
JT1480 (talk) 13:16, 2 May 2014 (UTC)
- Hi JT. Here are references which address some of your questions. You might also try e-mailing Langan directly.
- I,II. The Muscle & Fitness article about Langan ("Mister Universe", May 2001) has material on his workouts and diet. On the connection with intelligence, it quotes him as follows: "I used to actually think about mathematics while I was training, but now I tend to focus just on the weightlifting, knowing that a lot of other thought processes are going on unconsciously. I think this whole mind-body thing — being healthy both mentally and physically at once — holds great potential. There's definitely a synergy there."
- III,V. Langan discusses psi phenomena here (CML = Langan). He calls the evidence for psi effects "absolutely unequivocal" and describes his own experiences.
- VIII. I don't know what Langan would recommend reading for self-education generally, but to prepare for understanding the CTMU, he has recommended these books.
I have it, I have to install all the drivers and everything for the scanner though, I can't be bothered right now. I did save them on Google Drive, however they don't seem to be there. Anything specific that you wanna know? I'll do it tonight hopefully. --JT1480 (talk) 23:18, 8 August 2014 (UTC)
- No, nothing specific. However, it would definitely be nice to read the whole article; especially since the article that I found, hardly qualifies as a source. Michael (talk) 10:18, 9 August 2014 (UTC)
I've started scanning, I'll remove this once I give a link. I dont know what image uploading service to use, many reject the large file size (you will appreciate the good resolution), I decided to put a watermark over certain parts, if you want a specific section to have the watermark removed for editorial purposes, let me know. Average image size rounds off to 30mb, there are multiple pages. This is a very good article... --JT1480 (talk) 16:29, 9 August 2014 (UTC)
"I dont know what image uploading service to use"
Dylancatlow (talk) 17:05, 9 August 2014 (UTC)
Still exceeds the max upload limit, they will crash most smartphones (warning) --JT1480 (talk) 17:09, 9 August 2014 (UTC)
Upload it to mediafire and send me the link. I'll see if I can adjust the resolution.
Dylancatlow (talk) 17:25, 9 August 2014 (UTC)
I'll put them on Google Drive soon. --JT1480 (talk) 17:30, 9 August 2014 (UTC)
That works too.
Dylancatlow (talk) 17:36, 9 August 2014 (UTC)
Keep it as original as possible, JT1480. Perhaps, you could present the article as a photo album. Anyway, I want to thank you for your effort! Regards. Michael (talk) 18:05, 9 August 2014 (UTC)
Uploading now, it's darting around 1%, average 30mb per file, very large resolution around 10,000+ you will still be able to read the article. I'll explain once I've uploaded them. --JT1480 (talk) 18:06, 9 August 2014 (UTC)
Heres an image taken off a section of a page in half resolution, for those of you who want any photos for Wikipedia, or something. http://imgur.com/rXUEuEQ
3-4 hours now remaining. I'm gonna use mediafire after all, 300-400mb
Too much computer trouble. I give up. --JT1480 (talk) 20:53, 9 August 2014 (UTC)
Can you email me the scans? firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't give up. Post the computer problems you're having, and we'll help you out. Anonymous (talk) 22:15, 9 August 2014 (UTC)
Please, don't give up. Michael (talk) 11:49, 10 August 2014 (UTC)
I sent them to the above e-mail, these links may only work with the recipient, however you can try to download them:
Apologies for the watermarks, I could take the watermarks off if someone puts a NCMEC website banner (http://www.missingkids.com/Banners) on a website they own, as long as it gets at least 40 unique visitors per day. I figure the photos may appear on Google Images someday, in turn many people will see it and someone could make a difference. Doing the greatest good for the greatest number of people. Hope you understand. Also, Dylan Catlow, no need to reply to the e-mail, as it isn't accepting e-mails from people outside of the company I worked for. --JT1480 (talk) 12:26, 10 August 2014 (UTC)
The download works for me. Thanks! Anonymous (talk) 17:16, 10 August 2014 (UTC)
Chris' date of birth
Hi, Tim. I've noticed that you changed Chris' year of birth to 1957. May I ask why? If I'm not mistaken, he's currenly 62. Michael (talk) 13:34, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Michael. The Esquire article of November 1999 said he was 42 years old, which means he was born in 1956 or 1957. (I know he said he was "about sixty" on Coast to Coast, but that's vague and he could have been rounding up.) Tim Smith (talk) 16:12, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
Lost Chris Langan interview
Chris Langan and his wife were featured in an episode of the Ananda Lewis Show. I've tried to obtain access to the episode (I'm pretty sure it's episode 9 of the first season) but I couldn't find any available resources. The show is from 2001, and it doesn't seem that there's any remaining interest for it. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me find this episode. Thank you
Dylancatlow (talk) 15:35, 22 August 2014 (UTC)
- Youve been going through the archives. Hm, I tried too a while ago. If the internet doesn't have it... which they don't... then your best bet is to pay the company to send the season over, alternatively you could try and use eBay. It's only a short interview, though. --JT1480 (talk) 20:26, 23 August 2014 (UTC)
PC follow up